ePrivacy & GDPR - A One Hour Update
Since its original publication in January 2017, the European Commission has published several draft tests of its draft regulation on privacy and electronic communications which intends to repeal Directive 2002/58/EC (‘the ePrivacy Directive’).
This webinar providing an update on ePrivacy will explore the latest key issues of the Regulation and consider its interrelationship with the GDPR in a pragmatic way, applied to the business context.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The current ePrivacy Directive
- The draft ePrivacy regulation and the relationship with the GDPR
- Effects of changes to the law to
- The potential increasing reliance on consent
- Effects on online advertising
- Effects on audience measurement
- Effects on profiling and analytics activities
- Erasure and anonymisation requirements for core analytic activity
- Compliance with enhanced data minimisation requirements
- What to consider when drafting privacy and cookies policies
- How Brexit may affect the EPRs and the Government's current stated position