Workplace Pensions - Current Issues & Future Developments
April 2018 saw the end of phase one of the auto-enrolment project. All employers have now staged, and offering a pension is a day one duty for new employers as soon as they employ someone.
Whilst pensions may now appear to be business as usual for payroll and HR professionals, it simply means that this is another area of our responsibilities that we need to continue to upskill, as legislation changes in this area on a frequent basis. Add in the complexities of the interaction of the tax system with pensions, salary sacrifice and pensions during statutory leave and you can appreciate the minefield this is for agents and employers.
This webinar will provide a timely update of current issues and future developments.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The impact of the contribution rises in April - can you offer ‘opting-down’ and do you want to?
- The current compliance picture and the activity of the Regulator toward employers and agents
- The 2017 auto-enrolment review
- Are you getting pension salary sacrifice right? The Regulator thinks many employers aren’t!
- Tax and pensions: do you understand tax relief choices, tax protection, the money purchase annul allowance?
- Engaging employees with pension saving: what should employers do to get value for money from their pension offer?
- Why does the Pension Schemes Act mean pension schemes will close over next 12 months? What does that mean for employers and payroll agents?