Working from Home when Home is in Another Country - A Guide for Payroll Personnel
The sudden meteoric rise in home working arrangements is likely to be an enduring feature of business life post COVID-19.
What does this mean for an employer when an employee wants to work from home and they live outside of the UK?
This webinar will consider the main issues.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Ongoing obligations to operate UK withholding and how to get this suspended
- Foreign tax liabilities - will I have to deduct another country’s tax?
- Social security liability - considering the position in the EEA, countries with whom the UK has a reciprocal agreement and the rest of world countries
- Pension scheme membership - can an employee who is working from home abroad permanently remain a member of your UK pension scheme?
- Other benefit provisions (medical insurance)
- Employment law issues (will you have to meet the terms of the other country’s law)
- The risk of forming a PE through the employee’s working from home presence
- Travel expenses - do visits to the UK qualify for tax relief?
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 26th February 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation