Who’s Attacking Us & Why? - An Insight into Cyber Security for Law Firms
FBI statistics showed that ‘phishing’ attacks (email-based attempts to gain access to your data) doubled in 2020. Similar statistics can be found to support the conclusion that cybercrime is on the rise and doing so more quickly as a result of changes in working situations and patterns, made necessary by COVID-19.
This virtual classroom seminar will explore the broader aspects of what can happen if your firm is subject to a cybercrime attack and will provide practical examples of the simple ways that you can protect your firm and your clients.
Aimed at those with responsibility for IT or compliance, this session does not require attendees to have any more than basic knowledge of IT and/or cyber security.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Who is attacking us and why?
- Non-malicious activity by staff
- Malicious activity by staff
- Individual cyber criminals
- Organised cyber criminals
- ‘State Actors’
- What are the common threats and outcomes
- Accidental data loss
- Phishing attacks
- Viruses and malware
- Ransomware attacks
- Email interception
- Physical security and social engineering
- The added complication of remote working
- How safe is ‘the cloud’
- Simple steps to protect yourself from cyber threats
- Have a well-tested plan!
- Pen testing
- Administration settings and permissions
- ‘Onion layer’ approach
- Physical security
- Getting ‘buy in’ from the firm
- Running scenarios and testing the plan
- Cyber champions
- Dealing with an attack - a blow-by-blow account
- Moving on from the basics - what more can we do?
- Protective software solutions
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.