Whistleblowing - The Latest Developments Explored
Whistleblowing is a complex area of employment law.
This virtual classroom seminar will provide a useful summary of the key principles together with a review of recent cases and proposed changes to the law to help lawyers and HR professionals navigate these issues.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Who is protected?
- What amounts to a qualifying disclosure?
- Disclosure of information
- Reasonable belief of wrongdoing
- Public interest requirement
- When a qualifying disclosure is protected - requirements
- Confidentiality and whistleblowing
- Settlement agreements
- #MeToo movement
- Meaning - Whistleblowing Commission Code of Practice
- Causation and burden of proof
- Vicarious and personal liability
- Proposed reform of whistleblowing laws in the UK
- Effective whistleblowing policies
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.