When Charitable Legacies Become Complicated - How to Remedy & Overcome the Obstacles
Every year billions of pounds are left to charities in the UK in the form of legacies. Indeed, legacies are the single biggest source of voluntary income for charities in the UK.
There are however a number of complications which may arise in relation to these legacies.
This webinar explores various issues that your charity clients might encounter in connection with these legacies, allowing you to advise them on how best to overcome and remedy the different obstacles and concerns which may arise.It will focus in particular on specific scenarios which your clients may encounter and the different remedies and courses of action available.
What You Will Learn
The webinar will cover the following:
- Will disputes
- Grounds for challenge
- Considerations for charity clients
- Inheritance Act claims
- Eligible claimants and the court’s discretion to depart from a will or intestacy rules
- Specific issues for charity clients
- Actions against personal representatives
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Removal of personal representatives
- Circumstances in which a personal representative can be removed
- How to remove a personal representative
- Issues relating to the construction of wills
- Rectification claims
This webinar was recorded on 7th October 2019