What to Do When a Client Challenges Your Bill - Live at Your Desk
Being a solicitor is a very rewarding career but for many fee disputes are outside of our comfort zone.
This virtual classroom seminar will take you through everything you need to know from start to finish, starting with avoiding challenges in the first place, to how to deal with challenges in a practical and effective way.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Why we have write-offs and how to avoid them
- Getting your engagement documents right to address mission creep and enable the renegotiation of fees
- The Solicitors Act - How it governs solicitor and client billing and fee challenges
- Your options when a client challenges your bill and tactics to adopt
- What happens if you end up at a costs assessment and an insight into some interesting cases
- Tips for negotiating with your client to resolve any dispute
- Share your war-stories through this live session and how you could have done it better
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.