What Happens when Care Funds Run Out? - Solutions & Preventative Measures
The cost of care is expensive, with self-funders generally commissioning a more expensive wrap-around package of care than the Local Authority would provide and moving into a care home much earlier than the State would commission such care.
This new virtual classroom seminar will consider whether it can be prevented and what can be done when money runs out.
It is aimed at fee earners who advise older and vulnerable adults, their family, attorney, or deputy.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Understand the current state of the care market and how this impacts on choice and quality
- Strengthen ability to commission care to reduce the risk of running out of money
- Increase their awareness of when and how to obtain an assessment of needs
- Improve the outcome for the client, by identifying what needs will be met by the local authority
- Know how to break the deadlock of local authority delays
- Understand how to manage a direct payment and its calculation
- Understand how the home can be used to fund care
- Advise third parties on topping up care
- Manage expectations
- The social care cap
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.