Welfare Benefits - A Guide Through the Maze
This virtual classroom seminar will provide delegates with guidance on the welfare benefits system, identifying the main pitfalls, complexities and fast-changing pandemic-related measures which dominate the benefits system in 2020-21.
It is aimed at people working in a legal setting who need to feel confident and updated in their benefits knowledge.
N.B. The course is not suitable for specialist benefits caseworkers and will not address immigration-related benefits issues.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Different categories of benefits
- How the different benefits interrelate
- What ‘menu’ of benefits is appropriate in any given scenario
- An overview of the newest benefit, universal credit, and some of the problems this benefit can bring - including the two-child limit and the benefit cap
Capital and Disregarded Capital
- How capital is viewed and assessed by the DWP for different kinds of benefits
- How the rules on ‘deprivation’ of capital need to be fully understood when advising clients on inheritances and trusts
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.