Water Regulation & Farms - Recent Cases & New Regulations for Wales
Aimed at agricultural advisors, this webinar will consider the regulations and recent cases including the new draft waste regulations in Wales and how these will impact on water pollution management on farms going forward.
Effective and sustainable use of watercourses and our water supplies is one of the priorities in terms of Government policy. Previously water pollution was governed by the Water Resources Act and the case law decided under that Act is still relevant with regard to the new law which is now found in the Environmental Permitting Regulations.
The webinar will look at the offences and regulation in England and Wales.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Policy on water catchment management, what schemes are available in England and Wales and a discussion as to how these policies may develop going forward
- A review of the regulations, and how these have been interpreted in the case law
- A consideration of recent cases and penalties which have been applied
- Consideration of the defences available and when it may be possible to use ‘novus actus interveniens’
- Discussion and introduction to the new draft waste regulations in Wales and how these will impact on water pollution management on farms going forward
This webinar was recorded on 23rd September 2020
at your organisation