Vulnerable Customers - A Guide for FCA Authorised Firms
The FCA's latest survey showed that 50% of adults in the UK show indicators of potential vulnerability. Its new Guidance Consultation states that there is 'there is still room for improvement' and that 'some firms are clearly failing to consider the needs of vulnerable consumers'. This one day course will help you to understand how your firm should be considering vulnerability on a practical level to reduce the potential for consumer harm. It is aimed at those with responsibility for the firm’s compliance framework and staff training.
It will explore the FCA’s expectations and requirements in relation to vulnerable customers and will include practical examples of the treatment of vulnerable customers within the financial services sector.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The definition of a vulnerable customer
- How to identify different types of vulnerability
- How to identify and manage trigger factors
- Good and poor practice in managing vulnerability
- How to deal with sensitive data
- What to consider when training staff
- How to apply incentives for staff
- The challenges in assisting vulnerable customers
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme