Vicarious Liability in 2020 - A U-Turn?
Eight years ago, Lord Phillips said that ‘the law was on the move’. Until 1 April 2020, it was assumed that the scope of liability was getting ever greater.
The Supreme Court judgments in Various Claimants v Barclays and Morrisons, where both sets of claimants failed miserably, represents a sobering reversal.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What changed and why with the new decisions?
- The resurrection of the ‘frolic’ defence
- When, if ever, can an organisation be liable for the acts of someone who is not their employee?
- What earlier decisions now look dubious?
- Liability for errant medical providers
This webinar was recorded on 5th May 2020