Valuing Personal Injury Claims under Foreign Laws - A Guide for PI Lawyers
This virtual classroom seminar will explore how to approach the quantification of a personal injury claim under foreign law from a modest to a catastrophic injury.
The live session will consider Rome II and the distinction between substantive and procedural law, how to select an appropriate expert and how to deal with sometimes unfamiliar legal principles.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The basics of Rome II and the applicable law rules
- Proving the injury and loss
- The importance of an early understanding of the applicable law
- General damages
- Special loss
- The distinction between future and past loss
- Peculiar and unusual heads of loss
- The standard of proof and the recoverability of future damages
- Conference with experts
- Preparation for trial
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.