Valuation of Residential Leasehold Properties for Secured Lending Purposes - The Key Issues
This RICS Valuation of Residential Leasehold Properties for Secured Lending Purposes guidance note has been effective since 1 July 2021. It focuses on the valuation of leasehold interests expressly for secured lending purposes.
While the guidance clarifies the scope of surveyors’ duties in relation to leasehold properties, it also makes the valuer’s role more burdensome.
This webinar will be of interest not only to surveyors, but also to residential conveyancers who need to be aware of matters arising in the investigation of title that need to be reported to the lender because of their potential to affect the property’s value.
The primary focus of this webinar will be the practical implications for surveyors and conveyancers alike.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Lender expectations
- Impact of restrictive covenants and planning agreements
- Impact on value of service charges, sinking funds and major works
- Onerous ground rent clauses
- Residue of term
- Standard assumptions to be made if required information is unavailable
- Evidence of breach by the landlord of its legal obligations (e.g., for fire safety)
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 8th November 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation