Valuation of Business Interests in Divorce - A Toolkit for Family Lawyers
Understanding when and how to value a business is a core skill for financial remedy practitioners in order to ensure that they are seeking the right expert evidence at the right time. Likewise, knowing how to understand, analyse and challenge expert reports, once received, is critical.
This webinar will provide a toolkit for practitioners in low, medium and high net worth cases to augment their practice in this area.
There will be a focused section on the impact on the developments relating to the valuation of businesses as a result of the exit of the UK from the EU.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- When is an expert needed and what is the expert being asked to do?
- What are the different valuation methods and when is one approach more valid than another?
- The different considerations that apply when a business is to be retained, rather than sold or broken up
- Businesses which are difficult to value, including ‘niche’ businesses
- Analysis of developments in the modern case law relating to valuation from Versteegh v Versteegh  onwards
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 14th June 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation