VAT & Purchase Ledger
Through education of the issues involved when making a claim for VAT incurred on purchases and expenses, you can avoid any unnecessary additional VAT assessments and associated penalties for input tax that you should not have recovered in the first place. For example, did you know that possession of an invoice is not always enough to make a claim for input VAT?
Designed for cashiers and finance teams, this seminar will cover the questions you need to ask before making a claim for input tax and dispel the myth that the Revenue and Customs rules are the same.
Our speaker will use her own experience as a VAT Control Officer within HMRC to advise on the areas that HMRC look at and where the most errors are made.
What You Will Learn
- Tax invoices and what should be recorded on them including the changes that took place in 2007 which most people remain unaware of
- The six month creditor rule
- The 6 questions to ask when claiming input tax
- Can I claim foreign VAT?
- Recovery of VAT on expenses
- What does business use mean?
- Guidance on recovery of VAT on business entertainment and subsistence expenses
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Solicitors Accounts Rules
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme