VAT & Property in Scotland - A Guide for Professional Advisors
This course will consider how VAT applies to land and property transactions in Scotland and will include the principles of the partial exemption and capital goods scheme.
It will cover property development and construction, commercial real estate and residential schemes.
The course is aimed at accountants, tax advisors and real estate/development lawyers.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The key liabilities attributable to commercial and residential property developments
- What will impact the ability to recover VAT related to property transactions?
- The key factors to review in property sale/purchase agreements
- The principles of partial exemption
- The importance of the capital goods scheme and how it works
- The potential risk and opportunities involved in TOGC's which include property
- Recent changes in VAT laws affecting property
- VAT reliefs
- The liability of typical supplies in the property sector
- The implications of the option to tax
- The implications of anti-avoidance legislation
- Recent case law including Astral Constitution Limited, Boxmoor Construction and J3 Building Solutions Limited
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme