VAT & Bear Traps for Charities - How to Avoid Them
Far too many charities incur unnecessary VAT fines which could have been avoided by better structuring and planning.
This webinar will help you to understand some of the common VAT bear traps that can catch charities out and will provide guidance on how to avoid such fines.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Education - most think exempt but there are strict rules that must be followed or the supply will be VAT taxable
- Collaboration with other charities. Often VAT taxable supplies are created. Consider the VAT cost sharing exemption
- VAT Groups with trading companies - not always sensible - look at the activities and do the maths first
- Donation or sponsorship? A perennial problem and how to deal with it
- Grant or fee? A practical approach to help determine this
- Shared resources with other charities and trading companies
- Supplies of staff between charities and trading companies - how to avoid VAT charges
- VAT & construction of new buildings - when can they be VAT zero rated and how to maximise savings
This webinar was recorded on 7th November 2018