VAT Exemptions for Sport, Culture & Education Charities
This webinar covers the criteria for exempting supplies from VAT relating to sport, cultural and education charities. Any error in application of the rules could lead to VAT liabilities running as high as one sixth of total revenues. If the organisation is not VAT registered, the four-year cap does not apply, and the arrears are greater.
The webinar will enable you to understand the criteria and grapple with the details of specific cases and is aimed at accountants and lawyers working in the relevant charities and other non-profit bodies, and any tax advisers to these organisations.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Introduction to the common themes in respect of supplies in these sectors
- Ongoing influence of EU social exemptions
- The 'non-profit' criterion and how it is generally interpreted
- Defining education
- The specific issues concerning non-profit operation for education
- Defining sport
- Specific issues relating to non-profit and no 'commercial influence' for sport
- Defining culture
- Specific issues relating to non-profit and 'essentially voluntary management' for culture
- What to do if you would prefer the supplies to be taxable, and what is regarded as acceptable and what as abusive
- Possible future developments
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 25th February 2022 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation