Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts - Current Issues & Future Changes
The rules concerning the terms found in trader to consumer contracts are well-established but there remains a lack of knowledge among many businesses about what is required of them in practice.
COVID-19 has led to increased interest in the rules as businesses seek to rely on their standard terms to avoid providing refunds and this interest is likely to only increase with the introduction of considerable fining powers under the Enforcement and Modernisation Directive which comes into force in 2022.
This webinar summarises the existing rules and outlines the key changes that are due to apply from 2022.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- A summary of the ‘fairness’ test and the core terms exemption
- The meaning of ‘prominent and transparent’
- Examples of enforcement action taken by the CMA
- Application of the rules to COVID-19 related scenarios
- Increased fining powers under the new Enforcement and Modernisation Directive
This webinar was recorded on 12th November 2020
at your organisation