Understanding the Requirements of the GDPR - A Myth-Busting Guide
There has been much discussion with regards to the requirements of the GDPR, which can lead to confusion as to how the GDPR applies and how best to implement its requirements, especially in the UK where the Data Protection Act 2018 must also be considered. Brexit too will bring its own particular issues that will also require consideration for most organisations.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The GDPR as ‘evolution, not revolution’
- The lawful grounds for processing personal data under GDPR
- When consent is required and what other processing grounds may apply
- How the Data Protection Act 2018 is structured and sits alongside the GDPR:
- Criminal Records Processing
- Special Category of Data Processing
- Employment law
- Whether organisation need to appoint a DPO
- Data Breaches
- What is reportable?
- What must be recorded?
- Fines and administrative penalties associated with non-compliance