Understanding UK Trade Mark Applications - A Bite-Sized Guide
Every business has a brand and it is important to understand how that brand can be protected in the UK.
This introductory level webinar will help you to understand the basics of trade mark applications including how the Nice Classification system is adopted in the UK, the effect in the UK of EU trade marks and international trade mark registrations that designate the UK.
You will also gain an understanding of the registry examination process and the common pitfalls of badly drafted applications.
- How is a brand protected in the UK?
- What is the benefit of having a trade mark registration?
- What are the common mistakes you should avoid when filing a trade mark application?
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- How the UK trade mark system works
- What marks can be registered
- How the Nice Classification system works
- The effect in the UK of EU trade mark registrations and international registrations designating the UK
- How to avoid common filing mistakes