Under the Spotlight - A Guide to Market Abuse Regulation
The market abuse regime continues to be an area of great focus for regulators and market participants alike.
This new full day course will provide you with a comprehensive guide to the Market Abuse Regulation (‘MAR’) and its application in the UK, including notable regulatory enforcement actions and the FCA’s supervisory expectations.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Background and scope of MAR
- The definition and elements of 'inside information', guidance and case studies
- The principal offences under MAR and available defences
- The issuer’s obligations under MAR and the rules governing dealings by persons discharging managerial responsibilities (‘PDMRs’) and persons closely associated with them (‘PCAs’)
- The ‘market sounding’ regime
- Suspicious transactions and order reporting (‘STOR’)
- Regulatory expectations with regards to internal policies and procedures to prevent market abuse
- The FCA’s approach to enforcement, notable market abuse enforcement cases, sanctions and penalties
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme