UK & US - Key Tax Issues for Business
Do you act for a business looking to expand into the UK or the US?
This intermediate level webinar will cover the main tax considerations for UK and US businesses wishing to expand into the other’s jurisdiction.
Delegates will gain an understanding of the key tax issues that will impact the business and allow your clients to plan ahead to avoid penalties and non-compliance.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
UK expanding into the US
- Doing business in the US - key federal and state tax issues to consider
- Setting up in the US - type of entity, filing deadlines and penalties, state sales tax
- Sending UK employees to the US - secondments, state payroll reporting, totalisation agreement, residency issues
US expanding into the UK
- Doing business in the UK - key tax compliance issues to consider
- Setting up in the UK - treatment of entity used, compliance deadlines, late filing penalties, value added tax
- Bringing US employees into the UK - non UK employer, secondees, certificate of coverage, residency
Cross Border Considerations
- Pre-entry planning, dual filer tax reporting, tax treaties, foreign tax credits, transfer pricing