UK Companies & Brexit - Tax & Corporate Options
Many international businesses have their headquarters in the UK or include a UK company in their corporate structure, and for good reason as there are a number of tax and legal advantages of doing so.
Brexit may change the position and now is the time to consider whether to retain, or include for the first time, a UK company as part of overall corporate planning.
This webinar will summarise the tax position in the UK for companies and consider options for restructuring UK companies, to move businesses in to, or out of, the UK.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Advantages of UK companies as members of an international group
- Taxation of dividends and capital gains
- Interest deductibility
- Withholding tax
- Taxation of disposal of subsidiaries
- Impact of controlled foreign company rules
- Re-structuring options:
- Corporate re-domiciliation
- Cross-border mergers
- Changes of place of effective management
- Business and asset transfers
- Exit taxes
- Regime of People with Significant Control (PSC) and beneficial owner registers
- Common Reporting Standards