UK/EU Business Trips & Secondments - Guidance For HR Professionals & People Managers
Free movement in the UK ended at 11pm on 31 December 2020.
More than two years later, both the UK and the EU are still finding their feet and businesses are trying to understand what this means for business travel to and from the UK.
With COVID-19 continuing to limit international travel, businesses will need to start considering whether staff can travel from the EU to the UK (and vice versa) for work purposes.
This virtual classroom seminar will provide the key points for businesses to consider when they want their employees based in the EU to travel to the UK for work purposes, and what new immigration rules they need to be aware of under English law.
During this session employment law experts Dr Sybille Steiner and Padma Tadi will discuss the following:
- What businesses need to discuss with their staff before travelling to the UK from an EU country, and what documents they should bring for a business trip to the UK
- The requirements for short-term business visas and what ‘permitted activities’ can be carried out, with a particular focus on General Business Activities and Intra-Corporate Activities
- The EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement and the implications on short-term business trips to the UK
- An overview of the new immigration rules in the UK, including the requirements for Skilled Workers Visa/ Intra-Company Transfer Visa and for a Tier 5 International Agreement Visa
- Other considerations which need to be taken into account such as social security contributions
What you will learn
This live and interactive session will cover:
- Recommendations on how to handle business trips to the UK and whether this is allowed under the new post-Brexit immigration laws
- Practical advice on how to make sure your business is not breaching UK immigration rules when sending staff on business trips and secondments to the UK
- Guidance on the potential legal ramifications, including immigration and tax
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.