Trading with the US - Key Considerations & Guidance - Live at Your Desk
The US is the world’s second largest trading nation, with over $7.0 trillion in exports and imports of goods and services in 2022.
It is also one of the most challenging markets in the world.
Ideal for corporate and commercial practitioners, financial advisors, tax & VAT practitioners and accountants, this new virtual classroom seminar will offer an in-depth look at the US market and will examine some of key issues which must be addressed when trading with the US.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Overview of trading procedures between the UK and the US
- The structure of US law - the US Code (USC) and the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- The US State system
- Import valuations into the US
- Withholding tax
- Shipping risk - What to avoid
- Pre-compliance checklist
- The rules of origin
- Proof of origin requirements
- ACI filing procedure
- The importer of record
- Import declarations and US bond fees
- US State tax
- Importer and exporter responsibilities
- The US CBP
- The US FDA
- US Foreign-Trade Zones (FTZs)
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.