Trade Sanctions in the Maritime Sector - How to Identify & Manage the Risks
Trade sanctions now impact on every shipping company, with the ongoing use of sanctions against countries such as Russia, Belarus, and Iran, as well as thematic sanctions directed at corruption, human rights etc.
The consequences of a violation have never been more serious, with regulators focused on the shipping industry and banks, insurers and other service providers adopting a very cautious approach.
This new webinar will explain how trade sanctions impact on your organisation and give practical guidance on steps you can take to ensure that your activities do not inadvertently infringe sanctions.
That will enable you to deliver real value to your organisation, at a time when these matters command attention at the board level.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What are sanctions
- Who imposes them?
- What are the consequences of a violation?
- How do sanctions specifically impact on businesses in the maritime sector
- How to identify sanctions risks
- What actions should you take to manage sanctions risks
- How to manage counterparty risk
- How to deal with banks, insurers, and other interested parties
This webinar was recorded on 19th April 2022
at your organisation