Top Tips for New, Aspiring & Returning Residential Conveyancers
This live broadcast is designed for those wishing to become residential conveyancers, relatively new to conveyancing or returning to conveyancing after some time away.
Delegates will be made aware of key issues, such as preparing and reviewing important documentation, complying with regulatory or lender requirements and reporting to the client.
The sessions will identify some key problems that arise from time to time and explore ways to effectively address them.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Key elements of the updated Law Society Conveyancing Protocol
- Taking instructions from seller or buyer
- AML checks and what to look out for
- Checking and advising clients on replies to enquiries or searches
- What to insert into the contract for sale
- Preparing a transfer deed (especially on sale of part)
- The function of the Lenders' Handbook
- Dealing with restrictions on the registered title
- Indemnity insurance policies
- Power of attorney and occupiers
- Redeeming a mortgage on completion
- Formally exchanging contracts, including dealing with amendments and deposit
- Ensuring proper execution of deeds
- Completion and the code for completion by post
- Post-completion, including paying any SDLT due and registration
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.