The Treatment of Territorial Restrictions in UK Distribution Agreements
This workshop will explore the most important kinds of distribution agreements - and how they are treated under UK competition rules.
There will be particular regard to territorial restrictions and how they have been dealt with in practice. These and other points with the help of case studies and real life examples will be covered.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- What are distribution agreements?
- Distinction between distribution and agency agreements
- Types of distribution arrangements
- Exclusive distribution
- Sole distribution
- Non-exclusive distribution
- Selective distribution
- How are distribution agreements regulated under UK competition rules?
- Scope of the Chapter 1 Prohibition of the Competition Act 1998
- General conditions
- Appreciable effect
- When do EU rules apply?
- Consequences of an infringement
- Most recent case law
- Block exemption for general distribution agreements
- Hard-core restrictions
- Territorial/customer sales restrictions
- Territorial/customer sales restrictions in selective distribution agreements
- Cross supplies between distributors within a selective distribution system
- Restrictions on online selling
- Treatment of agreements which are not exempt
- Exclusive distribution agreements
- Selective distribution agreements
- What’s the future of parallel imports?
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme