The Tax Treatment of Cryptocurrencies - A Guide for Accountants & Private Client Advisors
Cryptocurrency is a hot topic. Many clients are making large gains and losses. It is imperative they understand the tax consequences of these transactions and the tax planning opportunities.
This webinar will explore the tax consequences for both individuals and hedge funds who buy and sell cryptocurrency. This includes income tax/corporate tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax and VAT consequneces for both domiciled and non-domiciled individuals and resident/non-resident funds.
This should be of interest to any solicitor or accountant who advises hedge funds / corporates trading in cryptocurrency as well as accountants and solicitors advising high net worth individuals who trade in cryptocurrency.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Bitcoin, Blockchain and cryptocurrency - what is it all about?
- Capital gains tax and income tax consequences for individuals buying and selling Bitcoin and cryptocurrency
- Employment income - tax consequences of receiving bitcoin in lieu of salary
- Non-domiciled individuals - capital gains tax and inheritance tax consequences
- Initial coin offerings - overview
- Capital gains tax and income tax consequences for the issuing company
- Capital gains tax and income tax consequences for individuals
- VAT and cryptocurrency
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 15th January 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.