The Statutory Residence Test - Considerations for Private Client Professionals
This webinar will explain what private client professionals should be considering when dealing with the Statutory Residence Test.
It will concentrate on the concept and importance of tax residency.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Concepts of Tax Residency:
- Why is this important?
- Arising and remittance basis
- Position prior to the introduction of the Statutory Residence Test:
- Case law
- Why legislation was required
- Statutory Residence Test:
- Basic rule
- Automatic residence and non-residence tests
- Sufficient Ties Test:
- Review of each tie
- Consideration in the difference in treatment of new arrivals and people ceasing to be UK tax resident
- What is a day?
- Split Year Treatment:
- What is this?
- When may this be useful?
- Impact of COVID-19 on tax residency
- Dual tax residency
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 2nd August 2022 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation