The SRA Transparency Rules - Compliance and Enforcement Explained
Under pressure from the Legal Services Board and the Competition and Markets Authority, the SRA published its transparency rules in 2018.
What they require is an outline of the likely costs, the steps to be taken in a matter, key stages to be achieved and who will be in charge of the process. This must be shown in a prominent place on a firm’s website. What has happened since?
The SRA have recently undertaken a review of how law firms are complying with the rules and have taken proceedings against several firms for failure to adhere to the letter and spirit of the rules.
This webinar will explore the transparency regime, a reminder of the regulations and an update on the marketing power of clarity about our charges.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The content of the Transparency Rules - and the provisions of the Code of Conduct
- How to comply with them at minimal cost
- What else you could be doing, as part of the exercise
- What do you have to explain to clients - when; how much; how often?
- The perils of opacity and the benefits of openness
- Recent examples of SRA enforcement action
This webinar was recorded on 8th June 2021
at your organisation