The SEN Regime - Assisting Parents & Children
This virtual classroom seminar will focus on the education law and framework for children and young people up to 25 years old with special educational needs/disabilities.
The session will not only cover the law but will also provide practical examples of situations and guidance that you can use to provide advice and support to your clients.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast session will cover the following:
- A summary of the law and guidance in this area
- Additional support for children in school
- Education, Health and Care Plans
- Legal challenges, including the First Tier SEND Tribunal and Judicial review
- An understanding of the legal framework for children and young people, up to 25 years, with special educational needs and/or disabilities
- Help and support for children at school, without an Education, Health and Care Plan
- What an Education, Health and Care Plan is, how to get one in place for a child/young person and importantly how to get the content legally enforceable, including school/college placement
- An understanding of the procedure for a SEND Tribunal case and an overview of the current Tribunal national trial including social care and health care into the remit alongside special education
- Judicial review in special educational needs law
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.