The Role & Responsibilities of Contract Administrators - A Guide for Architects & Construction Professionals
The role of contract administrator requires a solid understanding of the technical issues in the design and construction of a development but also some knowledge of the legal issues involved, specifically when a dispute arises between the employer and contractor.
If a dispute is referred to adjudication, the contract administrator may find itself in the crossfire.
This new live broadcast session is aimed at architects, surveyors, engineers and other consultants who are appointed to act as contract administrator.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will consider the contract administrator's role and responsibilities, in particular:
- Giving certificates (interim certificates, making good certificate and final certificate)
- Disputes and adjudication (in particular how to avoid a ‘smash and grab’ adjudication)
- Liquidated damages and extension of time
- Defects and how they affect the value of the works
- Notices that the parties should give (and what happens if they don't)
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.