The Only Way Is Ethics - Key Things Law Firms Need to Know
New Codes of Conduct have been with for 18 months now, during which time the world has, of course, been in lockdown.
Whilst regulatory forbearance has been the key word over the last 15 months, as restrictions are released, we find that the SRA are becoming a more aggressive regulatory body of late.
But what of the new Codes and STaRs themselves? This webinar will consider how to reconcile a zero-tolerance policy with a culture of confession and keep the regulators happy - and how to ensure you and your firm remain compliant.
If you are a fee-earner or support staff with client retainer responsibilities, then this webinar is for you.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The key duties and STaRs rules 2019
- Do you need to be regulated at all?
- Breaches in practice - how easy it is to get it wrong
- The need for transparency - recent SRA hitlists
- How best to protect you and your firm
- Where can new staff receive guidance?
- The rules broken most frequently are the most basic - costs, conflicts, confidentiality, undertakings
- How many reports of code breaches are made to your COLP?
- Do your clients still complain about costs?
- Are your fee-earners doing all the conflict checks? Are you certain? How do you know?
- Are your cyber systems secure? Do your staff meet at the wine-bar on a Friday? What do they talk about?
- How saying ‘cool’ can land you in big trouble
- How do you know when you are getting it wrong?
- What should you do if you are getting it wrong?
- Will you lose your job if you report mistakes to your COLP?
- How do we deal with other lawyers from outside the regulated profession?
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 11th August 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation