The New Skilled Worker Visa & The Sponsorship System
The Government has implemented extensive reforms to the sponsorship system in light of the end of free movement. The UK now has a Points Based Immigration System which businesses will need to use in order to employ workers from within and beyond the EU going forward.
The skilled worker visa will be the main visa route for people who want to work in the UK. This was formerly known as Tier 2 General but has gone through a rebrand and there are a number of key changes to the old rules.
A skilled worker route is not straightforward - it is a sponsorship system, so it requires an applicant to have a genuine job offer from an organisation who holds a sponsor licence which meets a series of skill and salary thresholds. The applicant must then meet the requirements of the visa category whilst the sponsoring organisation must ensure that it keeps to the Home Office’s compliance duties to maintain its sponsorship credentials.
It is easy then to fall foul of several pitfalls.
This live broadcast session will equip you with the knowledge and skills to safely negotiate the pitfalls.
It will cover in depth the process for applying for both a skilled worker and a Intra Company Transfer visa. In addition, it will go through the requirements for the visas including hints and tips to ensure your applications go smoothly. It will also go through the myriad of sponsorship duties an organisation must meet to remain compliant as a sponsor licence holder.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- The eligibility requirements for a skilled worker visa application
- The eligibility requirements for a Intra Company Transfer application
- The relevance of the shortage occupation list
- What is a certificate of sponsorship and how to request one from the Home Office
- The process for applying for a sponsorship visa
- Applying for indefinite leave to remain
- Switching from other immigration categories into the skilled worker visa category
- Overview of sponsorship duties
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.