The New SRA Standards & Regulations - All Change for 2019
This live broadcast session will cover the essentials of the new SRA Standards and Regulations which replace the SRA Handbook.
The headline features are the new Principles, two new Codes of Conduct, a streamlined set of Accounts Rules, and more flexibility in practising rights. We will still have the compliance officers’ regime but the firm’s COLP and COFA will be reporting serious breaches to the SRA in future.
Are you ready for change? Have you thought about the challenges of demonstrating your compliance with the new requirements? What needs to happen internally?
Eliminating the time and expense of travel, this live online session will enable you to participate in a virtual round-table discussion of the key issues from your own office and you will be able to speak and contribute as if we were all in the same room together.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast will cover the following:
- The new Principles - reduced from 10 to 7 Principles, but what’s happened to the culled Principles and why do we now have a separate Principle dealing with honesty?
- The key changes in terms of professional conduct - where have all the outcomes gone?
- An exploration of the two new Codes of Conduct - an introduction and a discussion about the what’s new and what remains
- The expectations of solicitors in managerial and supervisory roles - how do you ensure accountability in the workplace?
- The Accounts Rules headlines
- Flexibility in practice - choices to make for you and your practice and how you respond to freelance solicitors and unauthorised law firms
- The role of the COLP and COFA in future - what is a serious breach?
- How to make change happen in your workplace - suggestions for your ‘to do’ list
- Planning for the future - suggestions for your compliance toolkit
- The key features of the changes
- What the SRA will expect from the firm’s partners, compliance officers, solicitors and others
- What you can do in the workplace to ensure that you and your business can demonstrate the correct response
- Adding the digital badge to your website
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.