The New Guideline Hourly Rates & Maximising Costs Recovery - What You Need to Know
Despite pressure from clients for alternative pricing models which provide greater pricing transparency and certainty, hourly rates remain the cornerstone of solicitors’ charging.
This newly updated webinar will examine the regulatory position and especially the current approach of courts in up-to-date cases.
Of particular note will be the interim report of a Civil Justice Council working group on the guideline hourly rates, which have not been updated since 2010.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Setting hourly rates as between solicitor and client
- Guideline hourly rates, present and future
- Getting your engagement documentation right and the key features that must be included to allow for ‘mission creep’
- Challenges to expect at a costs assessment and how to support the hourly rates claimed
- All the up-to-date case law on hourly rates
- The pros and cons of sticking with hourly rates and a look at alternatives which clients are increasingly demanding
This webinar was recorded on 9th June 2021
at your organisation