The New 5th Money Laundering Directive - Be Prepared
On 19 June 2018, the EU’s Fifth Anti Money Laundering Directive was officially published.
Adopted and entered into force on 9 July 2018, Member States will have until 2020 for transposition. Brexit will have little impact on the robustness of the UK’s anti-money laundering position and the obligations under the 5th Directive can be expected to be transposed into UK law.
This webinar will explore what any professionals, firms or any regulated lawyers can expect under the new Directive and how this will affect current procedures and policies that have been implemented in line with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The 5th Directive in context
- How does it build on the 4th Directive?
- What is the rationale?
- How will it affect the UK?
- What are the key features?
- The impact on virtual currencies and electronic money products
- What the UK’s regulated sector will be expected to do in relation to high risk third countries
- The changes to CDD, treatment of PEPs and AML policies and procedures in practice
- The framework for greater Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) cooperation - what you need to know
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Money Laundering