The NEC Facilities Management (FM) Contract - A Practical Workshop
An exciting new addition to the family of NEC contracts for 2021 is the box of Facilities Management (FM) contracts and sub-contracts.
Building on the successes of existing NEC contracts, this ‘mini-suite’ of contracts brings NEC’s way of thinking to the world of business operations. NEC familiarity abounds, but there are plenty of new ideas and key aspects which are firmly focused on FM, include the scoping of terms, the management of obligations, the measurement of performance and time and risk management. There are also some peculiarities which potentially users need to be aware of, and address prior to entering into contract.
Organisations who outsource functions will be interested in the NEC FM contract, as well as those who sell. FM services and manage teams of people or those who are service providers on the ground. Individuals at all levels need to be trained so they can procure on it, advise on it, and operate it in practice, whether buyer or seller.
This comprehensive 5 hour seminar will give you everything you need to know about the new NEC FM contract, and how to prepare for using it.
It is designed for individuals who:
- Work in, or advise on, procurement, facilities management and operational contracts, whether as buyer or seller
- Are responsible for buying and selling, for service level agreements or risk management, and those with roles in financial management, compliance and insurance
- Are a supplier of services
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Background to FM contract, and consultation period
- The contract as published: NEC principles and key aspects for the FM world
- Roles and responsibilities: the Client, the Service Provider, the Service Manager
- Scoping/drafting of outputs including design
- Risk management and change control
- Time management
- Management of obligations, and enforcement if things go wrong
- Measurement of service levels/delivery, and remedies for failure
- Processes for collaboration and contract management
- Powers and responsibilities
- Payment models and working out what is ‘due’
- What you need to know, and do next
- Where to get help/resources
10:00am - 4:30pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme