The Levelling Up and Regeneration Act - How Will It Change the Planning System?
Whilst the word ‘planning’ doesn’t feature in its title, the Levelling Up and Regeneration Act 2023 (LURA) includes a raft of provisions that will significantly change the planning system as and when they are introduced. These include changes to plan making, development management, enforcement and heritage protection.
This webinar considers these changes and what impact they are likely to have on the day to day operation of the planning system.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The background to the changes to the system
- Changes to the plan led system including the introduction of national development management policies and a revised approach to local plan production
- Changes to development management including the power to make non substantial changes to planning permission and measures aimed at accelerating housing delivery
- Proposals for a new infrastructure levy
- Environmental outcomes reports, a new system for environmental assessment
- Enforcement changes including changes to timescales to enforce and the introduction of enforcement warning notices
- Neighbourhood planning changes including the introduction of neighbourhood priority statements and street votes
- Heritage reforms including extending the protection currently enjoyed by listed buildings to other heritage assets and changes to enforcement powers
- Other changes including compulsory purchase reforms and planning functions of development corporations
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 6th March 2024 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation