The Law of Designs - A Review of Key Principles
The overlap of multiple potential rights has made design law a complex field.
As the 20th anniversary of the overhaul of design law approaches, this live broadcast session will review the principles and operation of the 'new' law of registered designs in the UK as well as the development of unregistered design right and the application of copyright principles to three dimensional products.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Fundamentals of registered designs, at community and national level
- Identifying the informed user
- Unregistered community designs
- UK unregistered design rights
- Protection of spare parts
- Ownership of rights
- Licensing designs
- Copyright in surface decoration
- The repeal of s52 - copyright in three dimensions post-Flos
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.