The Latest on State Aid - Don’t Fall Foul of the Rules!
Whatever turn Brexit will take, some form of state aid rules are here to stay, whether in the form of EU state aid rules or some other kind of subsidy regime.
This live broadcast session will remind you of the legal framework for EU state aid law, as well as the basic principles under WTO Subsidies and Countervailing Measures Agreement, a recent suggestion by the UK government.
Due to popular demand, we will also pick up on all the policy instruments in relation to the fight against Covid-19.
What You Will Learn
This interactive online session will cover the following:
Part 1 - What is State Aid?
- Reminder of the conditions of aid (including latest case law)
- The latest policy guidance in relation to Covid-19
- Services of General Economic Interest
- Possible exemptions
- The de minimis exemption
- The Block Exemption regulation
- Enforcement of state aid
Part 2 - The Impact of Brexit
- State of play of negotiations in relation to state aid rules
- Features of the WTO Subsidies and Countervailing Measures Agreement
- The State Aid (EU Exit) Regulations 2019
- Pros and cons of all suggested systems
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.