The Key Elements of IT Contracts - A One Hour Guide
Every business is (or is becoming) a technology business. Businesses are buying more and more IT and well drafted contracts are critical especially for key business operations underpinned by IT.
As IT adoption is fast increasing, IT contracting has become a core skill for commercial teams and lawyers advising clients on IT contracts. This webinar will provide these teams and lawyers with in-depth understanding and practical tools to use IT contracts as a means of protecting the business and providing additional value in getting the most of IT assets.
The introductory level webinar will cover key elements of a range of IT contracts such as software development, software licensing, software support and maintenance and is aimed at private practice lawyers and in-house legal counsel.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- How do you scope IT projects? Is there a need for a specification, who should draw it, what should it cover?
- How can you define the development and implementation of IT?
- What acceptance tests could you use to and how do you set milestones and payments?
- How can you deal with IT project delays?
- What should IT licenses cover?
- What should SaaS agreements cover and how do they differ from traditional licensing agreements?
- What are the key components of support & maintenance agreements and SLAs?
- Drafting warranty, indemnity and liability clauses
- Other key clauses in IT agreements:
- Escrow arrangements
- Business continuity
- Termination and its consequences