The Job Retention Scheme & Business Fraud - Latest Update for Accountants
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a significant amount of disruption for businesses up and down the country and led to a raft of measures being introduced including the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) and ‘bounce back’ loans for business.
Unfortunately, such schemes are open to abuse and fraudulent claims and it is claimed that whistle-blowers have already reported nearly 2,000 cases of fraudulent furlough claims to HMRC.
Professional accounting bodies regulating members will invariably have a code of ethics which their members must comply with.
This one-hour webinar will examine how a professional accountant can identify and report fraud and how to deal with claims that appear to have been fraudulent.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- A brief reminder of the legislation governing the CJRS
- Directors on furlough
- Powers given to HMRC where fraudulent claims have been made
- Sanctions that can be imposed on fraudsters
- The responsibility of the accountants
- Fraud in relation to loans (e.g. ‘bounce back’ loans’)
- Integrity, objectivity, professional competence and due care
This webinar was recorded on 10th August 2020
at your organisation