The Job Retention Scheme - An Update with Kate Upcraft
You may well be struggling to keep up with the numerous announcements about which scheme is live, let alone all the guidance that is in place.
In this webinar, Kate Upcraft will take you through the steps to minimise the risk that monies will have to be repaid and your reputation damaged.
This webinar is crucial for people with any payroll or HR responsibility within an organisation that has, or intends to, make use of any of the Government’s COVID-19 employment support schemes. Whether you run your payroll in-house or outsource it to an agent - you will find this webinar useful.
It is also perfect for payroll agents who are looking to ensure that any grants they are planning to make on behalf of clients are fully compliant and they understand the complexity so can charge appropriately.
The webinar assumes some prior understanding of the COVID-19 employment support schemes and payroll.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme: Scheme Compliance to 31 October 2020
- Who might initiate compliance activity?
- The pension regulator
- Major risk areas: communications, eligibility and calculations
- HMRC: Compliance and Enforcement
- What enforcement powers do they possess?
- How should you respond to a formal letter from HMRC?
- How can you prepare for an audit or inspection?
- What penalties can be imposed if HMRC decide that your claim is incorrect?
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme: 1 November - 30 September 2021
- What are the new rules on eligibility and calculations from March and May?
- What are the employment law and contractual considerations?
- Other COVID-19 Related Employment Issues
- Claiming back SSP
- The Employment Allowance
- Benefits in kind
- Homeworking allowance/relief and business equipment used at home
- Christmas parties & gifts
- COVID-19 tests at work
- Bicycle schemes when no cycle to work journeys
- Salary sacrifice
- Holiday pay
- Statutory payments: maternity, paternity etc
This webinar was recorded on 14th April 2021
at your organisation