The General Data Protection Regulation - A Guide to Compliance for DPOs & COLPs
The GDPR obligations and procedures must now be in place. The situation in the UK changed with the Brexit vote but even if we have new UK legislation we will need to show 'adequacy' in relation to the GDPR.
Are you the compliance officer or data protection officer in your firm? What will the new data protection officer role entail? What do you need to put in place to ensure compliance within your firm?
This course will look at both the Data Protection Act and the GDPR showing the differences between them and what you will need to consider including:
What You Will Learn
- Data Protection and the SRA Handbook and Code of Conduct
- The implications of Brexit
- Change comparison
- Definitions - 27 new definitions in the GDPR
- Principles - what's out and what's in
- Data subject rights - enhanced rights
- Subject access requests
- Data Protection Officer or Compliance Officer - what the role entails
- Compliance - reporting of breaches
- Data Impact Assessments
- What can you put in place to prevent breaches
This full day course will be interactive using Qwizdom handsets and real life scenarios and examples.
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Just click GDPR Quiz
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme