The GDPR & Staff Monitoring - A Guide for Employment Law Advisors & HR Professionals
Under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018), there are issues to consider specifically in the context of employment law that affect staff monitoring.
This live broadcast session will explore the interplay between employment law and data protection, to consider what types of monitoring are permissible, as well as how to draft effective fair processing notices and establish lawful basis for processing.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Key employment aspects of the GDPR in the context of the DPA 2018
- Trainer led discussion on the employment law requirements with regards to establishing a lawful basis of processing for staff monitoring purposes
- A consideration of the key cases on employee surveillance
- Working Party 29 opinion on employee surveillance
- Working in teams to think about how to draft effective notices
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.