The FCA & Duties on Auditors of Regulated Firms
The FCA has specific legal powers which enable it to exercise a degree of control over those firms which audit regulated firms - including banning them from acting as auditors.
It is essential that auditors understand these powers, how they affect their conduct of the audit and interaction with the FCA.
This course will enable delegates to understand the legal basis and regulatory context for the FCA's interaction with auditors of regulated firms, the powers the FCA has over auditors, the practical implications this has for the conduct of audits and how to conduct a client money and assets audit.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- An understanding of the legal underpinnings of FCA's powers over audit firms
- An understanding of the regulatory context in which these powers are exercised
- How and where these are articulated in the FCA rules
- How the FCA interacts with auditors, its expectation of them and powers of sanction over them
- How these additional requirements affect the practical conduct of an audit
- Regulatory red flags that auditors might be best placed to identify
- The specific requirements relating to client money and asset controls audits
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme